- Mokka Electric gains new battery and more powerful motor offering greater efficiency, increased range and improved performance
- New 54kWh battery replaces current 50kWh unit and sees range increase by 20% to 252 miles (WLTP)
- Mokka Electric now produces 156hp and 260Nm of torque
- Supports up to 100kW rapid charging, with an 0-80% charge taking just 30 minutes
- Vauxhall set to be an electric-only brand in 2028
Vauxhall has introduced a new 54kWh battery on the Mokka Electric, with range increasing to 252 miles (WLTP) – an improvement of 20% over the outgoing 50kWh unit. Orders for the Mokka Electric with a 54kWh battery will open from March 2023 with first deliveries commencing from the Spring.
Replacing the current 50kWh unit, the new 54kWh battery is also more efficient, requiring just 15.2kWh of electricity to cover 62 miles (100km). It is coupled with a more powerful 156hp electric motor (an increase of 20hp), enabling the Mokka Electric to accelerate from 0-62mph in under 10 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 93mph.
Despite its increased range, the Mokka Electric’s compact battery size and efficient packaging ensures no space is lost in the passenger or luggage compartment.
Supporting up to 100kW rapid charging, the Mokka Electric can be re-charged from 0-80% in just 30 minutes. It also features an 11kW on-board charger as standard, suitable for home charging via a wallbox.
The Mokka was the first Vauxhall to be available with a fully electric powertrain from launch. Featuring the brand’s bold and pure design language, it was also the first model to introduce the Vizor front end and fully digitised Pure Panel cockpit.
Vauxhall will be an electric only brand in 2028, and already is one of few manufacturers in the UK able to offer fleets and businesses a fully electric variant across its entire Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) model range. With the arrival of the All-New Astra Electric and Astra Sports Tourer Electric in 2023, Vauxhall customers will have a choice of six fully electric passenger vehicles.